Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wonderful Accomplishments

Aha!

Today, James and I did something absolutely wonderful with the database!
Well, fine, it was mostly James.

But, the point is that we moved to twisted.enterprise for great asynchronous database power! No more of that convoluted pymud.database stuff.

However, the new component is still far too fluid for my liking, as we plan on adding many new features, so I'm hestitant to start storing things in my new SQL tables in the database. Instead, this evening I worked on making Items more useful.

I did! They work!
Now, Items (as well as Races, NPCs, and Modifiers) can directly tweak various things such as attack damage, dodge chance, hit chance, crit chance, hp, mp, ep, etc! This is good!
In addition to this, I added a new Dice class to lib that allows for random numbers applying to stats. Though primarily geared towards attack damage, I foresee many possible uses.

To make use of the new Item possibilities, I went ahead and added a means of connecting Items to NPCS. With the new equipment and inventory tags, you can directly append Items to them! My future plans include allowing random chances associated with a given Item showing up, for rarity purposes.

Over and out for tonight.

No comments: